Drinking water is essential for every living organism to survive. Water is only a mean to hydrate ourselves but also essential for certain body functions. Moreover, water provides a minerals and vitals nutrients that curcial for our well-being. Water coming from underground reservoirs and springs contains abundant amounts of minerals that are good for our health.
What is mineral water?
Water from natural sources like underground reservoirs and mineral spring hain high mineral contain. There is certain amount of minerals that is ideal for consumption. According to the FDA, 250 ppm (parts per million) of TDS (Total dissolved solids) – minerals and other trace elements – are safe for human consumption.
Minerals that are essential for good health:
Benefits of Mineral water:
1. Water naturally contains magnesium. Magnesium plays an important role in the managing blood pressure, blood glucose levels, and nerve function. A regulated amount of magnesium is permited for daily consumption. However, a deficiency of magnesium can cause the following symptoms:
- loss of appetite
- muscle weakness
- nausea and vomiting
- numbness or tingling
- muscle cramps
- low calcium or potassium levels
- mood changes
- an irregular heartbeat
2. Minerals help in lowering blood pressure in our bodies. Low magnesium can cause a risk of high blood pressure. Therefore, magnesium also helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
3. Improves blood circulation: Minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium help in improving the water quality and have multiple health benefits. These minerals are especially helpful in improving blood circulation in our bodies.
4. Calcium in mineral water is great for strengthening your bones. Bones tissues deteriorate with time and old tissues break down and give rise to new ones. Exercise and a rich diet of calcium help in strengthening your bone health and prevent bone loss.
5. Magnesium promotes healthy digestion and prevents constipation of the bowel. It is known to absorb water from the intestines and ease bowel movement by increasing the water content. Relaxes the intestines and improves bowel function.
Incorporate mineral water into your diet
Minerals are generally not available in our supply water. Some people prefer drinking bottled mineral water from the store. However, bottled water can be expensive and not readily available for daily consumption. The water we purify using a water purification system can remove impurities and minerals from the water. Therefore, it is important to get a water purifier with a mineralizer that will help you to add all the essential nutrients back into your drinking water.
A mineralizer helps in adding essential nutrients and vital minerals to our drinking water and improves the quality of the water. These minerals also tend to enhance the taste of the water and promote drinking more water on a daily basis.
If you are looking for good quality drinking water with added minerals, then choose a water purifier that meets your requirements.
What are the health benefits of mineral water?, April 9, 2019, Medical News Today
Read why is water is essential for body here.