Environmental pollution has lead to the rise in temperatures throughout the globe. The weather conditions become worse, especially during the summer season. The scorching heat is dangerous especially for children and older people who have a weaker immune system. Problems like dehydration and heat strokes are common. Although soft drinks may provide relief, it’s not the best solution. Nothing beats the health benefits of clean water and fresh juices.
Why should you avoid carbonated drinks during summer?
Water’s amazing feature is to hydrate the human body. Carbonated drinks can never take its place. Nothing hydrates or replenishes your body like clean and pure water.
Consuming soft drinks may lead to repeated belching. It happens because your stomach will stretch from the accumulation of carbon dioxide gas. As you belch, food and stomach acid may come up your food pipe as well. Also, it can lead to heartburn and leave a sour taste in your mouth.
3. An increased risk of obesity
Sugar-sweetened and carbonated drinks will add calories to your diet. It may increase your risk of being overweight and obese. Overweight and obesity are major risk factors for the development of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and osteoarthritis.
4. Poor nutrition
There’s a decrease in the consumption of dietary fibre, proteins, and vitamin B-2 for people who regularly drink carbonated beverages. Moreover, they don’t consume healthy items such as fruits or fruit juices.
5. Tooth Decay
Your mouth contains bacteria that feed on sugar and produce chemicals that’ll break down the hard enamel present on your teeth. A cavity develops when the erosion of enamel exposes the soft and inner core of your tooth.
So, why should you consume water regularly?
1. Helps you focus
Water relieves you from fatigue and increases energy. Since most of your brain is water, drinking helps you concentrate better and be more alert.
2. Weight reduction and maintenance
Removes the by-products of fat and promotes weight loss. Water has zero calories and boosts your metabolism too.
3. Water eliminates toxins
Water helps flush out the toxins from your body. It gets rid of the waste through urination and sweat that reduce the risk of urinary tract infections (UTI) and kidney stones.
4. Water hydrates your skin
Water behaves as a natural moisturizer. It improves the complexion of your skin and keeps it soft, fresh, smooth and glowing. Furthermore, it helps get rid of wrinkles as an amazing anti-aging treatment.
5. Good for your digestive and immune system
Water promotes digestion and prevents constipation. It also boosts your immune system. Drinking the recommended of water is beneficial to fight against flu and ailments related to the heart attack.
6. Behaves like a lubricant
Water is a natural headache remedy. It helps you battle migraines and back pains that result from dehydration. Also, they’ll prevent cramps and sprains. Joint pain is less likely as proper hydration will help keep your joints and muscles lubricated.
What are the benefits of drinking juice over carbonated drinks?
– The juice of fresh vegetables and fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that’ll help in the balanced and proper functioning of your body.
– Fresh juices are rich in concentrated nutrients and make a brilliant source of instant energy.
– They’re also rich in antioxidants and cleanse your system.
– It promotes digestion by cleansing your stomach, kidneys, and intestines.
– Your skin will feel hydrated making it glow, smooth, and clear.
– The various nutrients strengthen the immune system and regulate your blood pressure.
– Maintain your cholesterol level, and the chances of heart attacks are reduced.
– Drinking a glass of fresh juice every morning will help you with weight loss and maintaining your physical health.
Drinking clean purified water and healthy juices is a fantastic way to stay healthy and hydrated during the summer season. Make sure you include them in your regular diet as it’ll help you stay mentally and physically fit.
Read six drinks to stay hydrated this summer here