The one place where you spend the most time is in your bedroom. This is where you may spend a few hours on your laptop or even scrolling the internet while laying down. It may even be the place to watch your favorite TV show before you fall asleep or have Back Pain.
Has it ever crossed your mind that your mattress may be the root cause of back pain?
During the pandemic, many people have had to consult an orthopedic doctor because of dull aches in the lower back owing to working from home and lying in bed working all day.
The best mattress for back pain should provide the perfect support for the neck, shoulders, and back.
Here are a few options for mattresses that help battle back pain.
- Regal: Latex + Ortho HR Foam Mattress with Bouncy Ergonomic Support ₹14,723.00 - ₹30,095.00
- Ortho CurvX: HR + Memory Foam Mattress With Curved Orthopaedic Foam ₹9,119.00 - ₹20,651.00
- Duos Versa: Reversible Foam Mattress with EGAPA FreshTech Filter ₹6,101.00 - ₹11,741.00
- Orthopedic Mattress: These are mattresses that are medium firm in nature and some companies offer 5 Pressure Relieving Zones for customized comfort and balanced support. This results in a sounder sleep and muscle relaxation and recovery.
- Latex Mattress: These are mattresses that give you the “premium bounce feeling” just like a spring mattress.
- Foam or Memory Foam: These mattresses are available in medium firm and firm configurations. They range from 4 to 8 inches in thickness and form a shape to caress the body and maintain the natural curvature of the spine.
- Natural Latex Mattress: These are chemical free and are made completely out of natural and sustainable materials. They boost mental and physical stress relief. They also offer improved breathability.
The points to look out for while making your decision to buy the best mattress for you.
- Value for money: Mattresses come in all price ranges. You need to choose one that offers the best value for money as per our requirements
- Lumbar Support: The way the mattress hugs the body when we lie down is one more important factor for a good night’s sleep. The neck, shoulders, and back should receive optimum support.
- Comfort: Test the mattress you are looking at, comfort is subjective and can be judged only after a few nights of sleep. You should wake up feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- Size: Measure your bed to know whether you will need a king-size mattress or a queen-size mattress.
- Temperature: It is important to maintain a cool and comfortable environment to attain the best sleep. It is very difficult to sleep when it is hot, so choose a mattress that breathes well.
- Preferred sleep position: You may be a person who sleeps on your back, side, or stomach. Your sleeping position determines the firmness of the mattress you will need.
Once you’ve considered these points, you’re almost done with all you need to know when you are on the lookout for a new mattress. There are many studies out there suggesting the best type of mattress for back pain.
The consensus is that a medium-firm mattress will be best suited to give you relief from back pain. Studies suggest an orthopedic mattress is the best mattress for back pain.
Here are a few benefits that could help alleviate your back pain.
- Relief from Pain: When the back and joints receive good support while sleeping, the chances of waking up sore are significantly reduced. Seeing as this type of mattress is medium firm, you won’t sink into the mattress completely and this will help maintain the natural curvature of the spine and offer the body optimum support.
- Extra Support: A medium firm or firm mattress like this offers the body extra support for the joints and reduces the chances of waking up with a stiff neck or back. It also makes getting in and out of bed easier seeing as you don’t sink in completely.
- Prevents rolling with partners: If you share a bed with someone, this is one point that holds merit. You may have noticed, that if one partner is heavier, a large indentation is created on their side of the mattress which leads to the other partner rolling toward them due to the unevenness of the mattress. An orthopedic memory foam mattress prevents this from happening because the firmness prevents any indentations from forming.
- Posture: An orthopedic mattress provides us with the gift of a good posture. While you are asleep, it maintains the natural curvature of the spine and this neutral position helps relax the muscles and joints. Orthopedic mattresses with High-Density Foam have been recommended by experts because it helps distribute your body weight evenly.
- Durability and Longevity: These mattresses are made of high-density foam and have increased tensile strength. This ensures a longer lifespan.
- Spinal and Lumbar Support: You may experience back pain after waking up because your current mattress may not give your spine and lower back enough support. The best orthopedic mattresses distribute your body weight evenly when lying down to relieve the pressure on joints, lower back, and hips.
People assume that their aches and pains are medically related. However, if you go to bed relaxed and calm and wake up with aches and pains, it may be time to consider a new mattress. The key factors to look out for would be lumps and bumps and indentations, these are usually the culprits responsible for stealing your good night’s sleep.
Try flipping or rotating your mattress and, even if that does not end up working, it may be time to invest in a new mattress.
Visit Livpure’s website to choose the best mattress for back pain. Livpure mattresses are backed by scientific research and innovation. Livpure is your one-stop shop for your sleep needs. They have the best mattresses be they a king-size mattress or even a single-bed mattress. They have a variety of options to choose from that align with your needs: Natural latex, Orthopaedic, Memory foam, and Hybrid Mattresses. Their single-bed mattress price is one of the most competitive in the industry and this is one brand you should have a look at before you finalize your new investment.