Climbing into your bed at the end of a long day, or getting that afternoon nap in, is a cathartic feeling. For some, a soft bed beneath them is just what the doctor ordered. Others might prefer firmer mattresses.
While some people may feel more comfortable sleeping with the lights out, others might prefer to have sun rays shine on their faces in the morning. Like our unique sleeping patterns, our mattress choices are also distinct.
After all, not sleeping well can affect every area of your life negatively—so why not find a great mattress that will change that? If you haven’t narrowed down your choices yet, here is everything you need to know about getting the right mattress for the most comfortable slumber.
Types of mattresses for you to choose
Your current mattress might be just right for you. You might not feel the need to switch it. But a good night’s sleep should also provide sturdy support. Invest in a new mattress if yours has worn out. Listed below are a few types of mattresses that might suit your needs:
- The latex mattresses: These are most popular among heavy sleepers as they last up to 20 years. It is made of an elastic material that absorbs body weight, thus distributing pressure uniformly. Moreover, it is the best mattress for back pain.
- The inner–spring mattress: Made up of a few layers of spring coil and foam, it is the most responsive mattress (bounces back from bed) and has strong edge support. However, it does not provide as much pressure relief.
- The hybrid bed mattress: It combines the best of the inner spring and latex bed mattresses. You get the durability of latex while enjoying the bouncy feel of the spring and foam.
- Foam mattresses: These are entirely made of foam without any coil. The memory foam mattress is best known among these types. If you are a side–sleeper, a livpure foam mattress is worth exploring.
How to choose a mattress?
Choosing the right mattress could be overwhelming with the options available on the market. Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your mattress:
Your sleeping style
The primary consideration to make is whether your mattress suits your sleeping pattern the best.
A medium–soft to medium–firm mattress will be the best option if you sleep on either side of your body. A medium to firm mattress will do best for you if you mainly sleep on your back. A firm mattress will provide adequate support if you sleep on your stomach.
For combination sleepers, medium-firm mattresses are able to accommodate continuous toss and turning by being responsive while also providing support.
Your body type
If you have a lighter body build, you will need soft mattresses. Foam and hybrid mattresses are the best options for this body type. For an average to medium body build, latex, foam, and hybrid mattress will work the best, keeping in mind respective sleeping postures and patterns.
People with a heavier body build need solid support for proper alignment of the spine. Hence, responsive, extra-firm mattresses will provide the desired support and comfort necessary for this body type.
While your sleeping style and body type are important factors when choosing a mattress, you should also consider any health conditions you might have.
For example, a spring mattress might not be the best option for you if you suffer back pain. Similarly, latex, a natural mattress or an organic mattress are among the healthiest mattress types if you suffer from allergies.
You can find the best organic mattress options at Livpure mattresses, which has the best quality and range of organic foam mattress types.
Price and size for your type
Once you have zeroed down on the type of mattress perfect for your needs, you will need to find one that fits your budget. Price mainly depends on the quality, brand and type of mattress. An organic or natural fibre mattress generally costs more.
Also, make a note of the available dimensions of the mattress you are looking for, keeping in mind the space you will occupy. Generally, manufacturers have these six types of mattresses:
- King-size mattress: 76 x 80 inches
- Queen mattress: 60 x 80 inches
- California king: 72 x 84 inches
- Full size: 54x 75 inches
- Twin XL: 38 x 80 inches
- Twin size: 38 x 75 inches
The livpure king mattress range has the best variety of mattresses available for you to choose from.
Tips for buying a mattress
Only when you try it out for yourself can you determine whether the mattress is right for you. If you pick a livpure mattress, you will get a free trial for 100 nights! Furthermore, try the following tips for a better buying experience:
- Once you have narrowed down your options and found a mattress online, try the bed out in a physical store to see how it feels.
- If you have insurance, check to see if it covers beds.
- Compare trial and return policies.
- Check reviews and ratings to assess how the mattress performs over time.
- Take the mattress home and make sure you lie on it for at least an hour. This will allow you to check for any issues and return it if it does not suit your needs.
To wrap up
Choosing the best mattress is an important decision that will affect your sleep for years. With this in mind, you need to research and make sure you choose the right mattress for your lifestyle and sleeping needs.
There are many variables to consider, from sleeping style to size and budget. Not only are there countless brands and styles, but also varying prices for similar features. But armed with these tips, your mattress search can be made relatively easy. Start by looking at a Livpure Mattress, and explore the best mattress options today!