Getting your child to bed early has more benefits than you know. New studies indicate that a child’s sleep is associated with reduced chances of obesity, increased immunity, and success in school. Sleep also promotes the child’s growth and increases heart health.
- Regal: Latex + Ortho HR Foam Mattress with Bouncy Ergonomic Support ₹14,723.00 - ₹30,095.00
- Ortho CurvX: HR + Memory Foam Mattress With Curved Orthopaedic Foam ₹9,119.00 - ₹20,651.00
- Duos Versa: Reversible Foam Mattress with EGAPA FreshTech Filter ₹6,101.00 - ₹11,741.00
Here are a few tips to get your child the quality sleep they need early on in life.
- You must begin early in life and advocate self-soothing. It means that by the time the child is three months old, you need to slow down your response time when they wake up crying at night. By the time children are 6 months old, they typically sleep through the night if self-soothing is properly conducted.
- Try to make a rock-solid routine. Try to make sure that bedtime is before 9 pm. Studies have indicated that children that sleep post 9 pm have a harder time falling asleep and tend to wake up more often at night.
- Make sure the environment is sleep conducive for your child. Eliminate screen time before bed and make sure a uniform temperature is set to keep your child comfortable.
- Eliminate consumption of caffeine and sweets before bed-time.
- Read them a bedtime story to calm them down before bed. This will stimulate the production of melatonin which will help with a good night’s sleep.
- Keep a fixed wake-up schedule to ensure they don’t oversleep
One of your key accessories is a mattress for children. A child needs to sleep on a comfortable mattress to induce long-term healthy habits. Ensuring a good night’s sleep and a proper pattern helps with growth and development. Children tend to sleep more because their body is developing and the cells in the body need more rest time to develop and build.
Here are a few reasons why you need to choose the right mattress for children.
- Development of your child: Development takes place at a rapid pace in children and your mattress should be able to keep up. So, it makes sense to go for a mattress that aids this. The position of the body is very important. While asleep the spine should be in a neutral position. Shoulders, neck, and lower back should also get good support. Since children tend to sleep with their parents earlier on in life, a good mattress will be required when they move into their room. The size of the bed depends on whether you will choose a king-size mattress or a queen-size mattress.
- Healthy sleeping habits: This will help develop a good sleeping lifestyle for your child even in adulthood. A good quality mattress teaches your child the importance of cushioning and support. A good sleeping environment ensures that children wake up fresh and ready to absorb all that they will be taught during the day. Some of the benefits of a good sleeping environment are mentioned below:
- Improved cardiac health: Younger children tend to be more active. While playing sports and running around all day may be good for their health it is also important that they get good rest at the end of it all as sleep also impacts cardiac health. Activities during the day and sleep also help in developing a good cardiovascular system for children. A good mattress ensures comfort and deep sleep. This facilitates the secretion of the needed sleep hormones and helps them burn glucose to keep them healthy in the long term.
- Weight management: Increasing pressure in school and reduced activity during the day due to studies can take a toll on children. Sleep is as necessary as a good diet to maintain a child’s weight. Sleeping more or sleeping less can affect the regulation of blood sugar in children and this leads to low metabolism and weight gain.
- Improved attention span and learning: Waking up fresh has its benefits for children. Improved focus and learning abilities are directly linked to sleep.
What kind of firmness should your child’s mattress have?
Children should use mattresses that support and cushion their bodies. A medium-firm mattress is generally advisable. Deep sleep is generally induced in children with a medium-firm mattress. This will help position their bodies in a neutral position at night so that they do not wake up with any aches or pains.
A good mattress will also help your child sleep better. This begins with the process of falling asleep earlier and spending maximum hours in deep sleep so that their bodies have enough time to recuperate from their activities all day.
Childhood is when good sleeping habits and the necessity of sleep are first established. Health is a crucial aspect, and sleep plays the most significant part, from the time your kids leave your bed until they are ready to face the world. Your kids can secure a healthy lifestyle for the rest of their lives by using a high-quality mattress and developing proper sleeping habits. Even throughout puberty, when their bodies undergo significant changes and require greater care, it is crucial. The easiest approach to do this is to teach your kids healthy sleeping habits and to create an atmosphere with the correct mattress. This has an impact on how they treat sleep and health in general as adults.
Check out Livpure while doing your internet shopping; they provide reasonably priced mattresses. Customers vouch for their after-sales care and customer service, which is a very significant feature to consider when picking a brand. You can bring cutting-edge, scientifically supported technology home with Livpure mattresses. Their product line not only considers your comfort but also, to the greatest extent possible, your complete well-being be it an adult or child.
Livpure mattresses have very competitive costs and provide value for the money in addition to the necessary comfort and support.
From hard mattresses to memory foam mattresses to natural latex mattresses, Livpure provides a wide selection of mattresses to meet all your demands. Their product line has something for everyone, whether they want to sleep on their back, their side, or even a combination of the two. Additionally, customization is a simple option to use if you need a specific size. When searching for a new mattress, Livpure has a solution for every need, whether it be orthopedic support or springy, bouncy support. Check out their website and you will not be disappointed.